RC1 Community Standards
Why Our Community Exists:
The goal of the Ready Chapter 1 community is to assist writers in their creative pursuits, to build mutually beneficial connections between all participants, and to enhance the program with increased opportunities for engagement. To do so, we have the following community guidelines:
General Content Guidelines:
A good rule of thumb is to keep your posts to TV14. You can still WRITE it however you want, just be sure to take out or [synopsize] those sections so your post doesn’t get flagged. Besides, you may want to hold back the juiciest bits so your newfound fans will buy the book! Future plans for the forum include an age-restricted toggle. Our official policy is below:
As a community, we all agree to use common sense when posting. We’re not trying to limit what people write. But we are limiting what’s appropriate to post for critique. Anything that might get a TV-14 rating is acceptable. Too steamy, too bloody, or two F-bombs and it’s no longer appropriate. If you plan on pushing the envelope on language, violence, or sexual situations, you MUST use the #NSFC tag (Not Suitable For Children).
Where we all have to be judicious and look out for each other is for content that might be considered Mature Audiences Only, especially in any children’s category. This includes:
- Extreme descriptions of bloody violence.
- Explicit sexual content, descriptions of nudity, or sexual violence.
- Strong use of profanity or pervasive vulgar language.
- Depictions of drug abuse.
- Mature themes, including abuse, self-harm, or mental illness.
- Anything that could be considered child pornography.
If your work is flagged for any of the above reasons, it will be automatically removed until it can be reviewed by a moderator. We’re aiming for a balance of room for great storytelling and safety for our members. In those deliberations, safety will always come first.
Who We Are:
- We Are Positive. We choose to cultivate positivity in our interactions with each other, creating a space where people can come to feel uplifted and inspired.
- We Are Kind. We choose to be kind and polite to one another.
- We Use Thoughtful Language. We choose to be mindful of how our words and tone might be understood.
- We Are Respectful. We encourage all members to be constructive and tactful when sharing their opinions. Everyone deserves to share their thoughts and ideas in our community, as long as they are respectful toward others.
- We Protect. We respect the privacy and personal information of other participants
- We Commit To Resolution. We choose to see the best in others, even in possible misunderstandings.
Yet, if a participant feels hurt or offended by anything that’s been said by someone in the community, they are free to speak with that person privately or contact someone on the Ready Chapter 1 team for extra support.
Who We Are Not. We Do Not Allow:
- Spamming. Sharing links. Asking for or giving personal information.
- Self-promotion. We are here to support and encourage one another, and work may be shared for the purpose of feedback, not sales.
- Personal attacks on other community members. This includes offensive comments or jokes related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion
- Bullying or inflammatory remarks to other community members
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Threats of violence
- Unwelcomed sexual attention
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Non-consensual publication of private correspondence
We will take action when we see someone violating these guidelines. These actions may include:
- Taking down a post. While we don’t intend to delete anyone’s comments, if we ever see any cruel/offensive/harassing comments, trolling, graphic content or messages that feel like spam, these are circumstances that could possibly result in us deleting the post.
- Warnings. Staff reserves the right to intervene by approaching the offending party with a warning.
- Participant Removal. If the situation warrants it, our staff team reserves the right to terminate, without refund, an offending party’s access to the program.
- We request members report behavior which violates these community standards to team (at) readychapter1 (dot) com. Abusive behavior will be dealt with immediately.
By registering with our program, you are considered to be in agreement with the terms and conditions listed above.