When it comes to Story, Concept is King
Editors and agents are constantly on the lookout for fresh, high-concept stories. But do great ideas happen on accident? Or can they be intentionally designed? The answer is both.
This course examines the specific structure of a story idea including different ways you can approach your story concept to maximize its potential for conflict, tension, and reader delight. You’ll get specific tools you can use over and over to sharpen your story ideas or create new ones from scratch.
In this module, we will:
- Analyze the structure of a story idea and explore ways to express what makes your concept special
- Use your core conflict to build on your idea with ongoing tension.
- Differentiate between plot-driven and character-driven stories.
- Explore tools to help you create fresh stories from scratch that no one else can tell.
- Learn how to turn a single-sentence story idea into a rough story outline.
Level up with these exclusive RC1 tools:
- Juxtaposition Worksheet
- Problem = Conflict + Consequence Worksheet
- Story Magic Worksheet
- Plot-Driven Stories Worksheet
- Character-Driven Stories Worksheet
- Authentic Stories Worksheet
- What’s the Story? Worksheet
- Mythic Mashup Worksheet
Ignite your storytelling core with “Story Ideas that Sell” and master the art of crafting captivating concepts that leave industry experts in awe. Join now and start your journey towards wowing industry gatekeepers with fresh, unexpected concepts that keep them reading.